At a Glance
亚洲制服丝祙在线播放_青草伊伊_久草网_影音先锋在线Founded in 1871, the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, is the flagship institution of the University of Arkansas System. Located in Fayetteville, the U of A is the state’s foremost partner, resource and catalyst for education and economic development. The U of A is a flagship university for the integration of student engagement, scholarship, research and innovation that collectively transforms lives and inspires leadership for a global society.
As Arkansas’s land-grant university, the U of A has a mandate to teach, conduct research and perform outreach. The university offers 220 baccalaureate, master’s, doctoral, professional and specialist degree programs through its 10 schools and colleges. The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching places the U of A in its highest research category, making it the state’s only doctoral-granting, research university with a very high level of research activity and one of only 108 schools in the country with that distinction. Research expenditures at the university now exceed $123 million per year, making research activity a significant academic element at the university and an economic engine for the state.
Points of Pride
- Enrollment at the U of A continues its rapid growth. In fall 2013, enrollment increased by 3.3 percent over the previous year to more than 25,300 students. U of A students represent all 50 states and more than 100 countries.
- U.S. News and World Report included the U of A among “The 2013 Up-and-Comers,” ranking it ninth among national public universities that have made “the most promising and innovative changes” to advance academics and the student learning experience.
- The U of A was classified among the “Great Colleges to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education. The university was recognized for “Confidence in Senior Leadership.”
- During each of the last three fiscal years, the U of A recorded more than $100 million in private gift support and was on track to surpass that amount again in fiscal year 2014.
- For three years in a row, the university has finished among the top 25 college programs competing in the Learfield Sports Directors Cup, a year-long competition based on program-wide athletic success. It was the sixth time in the past seven years Arkansas has finished in the top 25.